FREE WI-FI FOR EUROPEANS
The European Commission wishes to promote free Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens and visitors in public spaces such as parks, squares, public building, libraries, health centres, and museums everywhere in Europe through WiFi4EU.
The budget of the WiFi4EU initiative is EUR 120 million between 2018 and 2020. The WiFi4EU initiative provides municipalities with the opportunity to apply for vouchers to the value
EUR 15 000. The vouchers are to be used to install Wi-Fi equipment in public spaces that are not already equipped with a free Wi-Fi hotspot.
We are pleased to announce that as part of the WiFi4EU program, Sprint has implemented projects in the following municipalities:
MUNICIPALITY OF ŚWIDWIN
Within the framework of the task the following Cambium Networks solutions were installed:
- 10 WiFi hotspots of cnPilot E510 and E501S series in outdoor version
- 2 EX2010 series network switches
- Public cloud management system (cnMaestro).
Range of operation of the WiFi network includes, among others: Plac Konstytucji 3 Maja, park at 3-go Maja, Niedziałkowskiego and Orląt Lwowskich Streets and the Castle of the Joannites.
MUNICIPALITY OF KOMORNIKI I NEKLA
INEA S.A., in collaboration with Sprint - a technology partner and WiFi solutions provider Cambium Networks, built a total of 28 indoor and outdoor hotspots in the municipalities of Komorniki and Nekla.
- Komorniki: 7 WiFi hotspots of cnPilot E410 (indoor version), 9 WiFi hotspots of cnPilot E510 series in outdoor version; Public cloud management system (cnMaestro).
- Nekla: 5 WiFi hotspots of cnPilot E410 (indoor version), 7 WiFi hotspots of cnPilot E510 and E501S series in outdoor version; Public cloud management system (cnMaestro).