In July, Sprint signed a contract with a General Contractor to expand the Tramway Line.
The new infrastructure will include about six kilometers of double track. Along with the construction of the new streetcar line, there will be 13 new stops in the city.
Under the contract, Sprint will carry out the following:
- construction of a teletechnical network and a passive optical fibre network along the entire section of the newly constructed streetcar line;
- modernization and construction of over 15 traffic lights;
- extension of the ITS system in the area of traffic control and management;
- delivery and commissioning of about 30 passenger information boards at bus stops and stationary ticket machines
- delivery of elements and launch of WiFi Mesh along the newly built streetcar line;
- modernization and construction of street lighting along the whole new streetcar line.
In order to operate the new lines, the city of Olsztyn has ordered streetcars from Turkish manufacturer Durmazlar, which Sprint fully equipped. Moreover, Sprint provided support for the installation and commissioning of several systems, including transport management and passenger information systems.
Implementation of the tasks will last until the end of May 2023.